Monday 12 April 2010

Am I normal???

Ok lets start with what is normal? Its whatever it is to an individual but we obviously have our social expectations of what normal is.

Ive never really fallen into the whole work your 9-5 job pay your mortgage and then retire on your savings. I cant stay in one place for long as it drives me nuts and I am always wanting to move onto the next experience with work and living.

At times this does drive me around the bend. We have been in Nottingham for nearly 6 months and I hate it. My eldest daughter hates it and my youngest doesnt mind it too much but would prefer to be back in Kettering. The major problem being wifey loves it. Its her home town and shes glad to be back.

We are luckier than alot of people as we do have a roof over our heads. The bills are paid and we have food in our bellies. BUT im sure there is something wrong in my head! I cant stay still. I have a massive desire to move on again to the next challenge but fear this will destroy my marriage. I would love to be "normal". To want nothing more than one home in one place with a lifetime in a regular 9-5 looking forward with glee to the traditional 2 week holiday and bank holidays for those extra days off. To have a regular life long group of friends with the set nights out.

I cant do it. I work hard so I can see interesting new places. But I wish at times I could settle into that sort of routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment