Tuesday 11 August 2009

Broken Bones.

Of course it is obvious that I have already broken my promise of writing more regulary....But i do have a good excuse and a note from my Mum honest! :)

I got a call last Saturday telling me that one of my sisters (the one with a learning disabilty) was going to go and stay in Crete with my Auntie for a month. Now she was eally excited about this as she loves to travel and loves company of any sort so off my parents & sister went to Nottingham to stay with my Auntie overnight before their flights. My sister got up bright and early the following morning and as she starts to come down the stairs she slips then slides catching her right leg beneath her about half way down and promptly snaps it not so cleanly at the ankle....I know thats making you squirm and thing a bit more than ouch!

So off she goes to the QMC in Nottingham where she is told that not only is it broken but it needs a plate putting in and the tendons repairing and untangling from the bone. So instead of a month in the sun 8 days in a Nottingham hospital begins.

Now my wife is from Nottingham and I have spent a few years living there myself when we first started dating so I know my way around. The in laws are still there and I have seen more of them and the city in the past week or so than I have in the last two years LOL. Being so far away my sister was not expecting many visitors so I have been up 3 times, the last with one of my daughters with who I had a lovely day out visiting the tourist areas of Nottingham that, as always the way when you live somewhere, i hadn't seen before. We went to the caves, Wollaton Hall, and enjoyed the city center which has been converted into the largest man made inland beach for the summer! What a cracking idea eh! Kids that wont be seeing the coast this summer get a taste of it complete with beach shops and food stalls...excellent!

Anyway I digress, my sister had her operation which went well and finally made it home on Sunday. We then had to source a wheelchair for her and build ramps to get in and out of the house but luckily I had planty of wood stored at my allotment for this so it cost nothing more than some time.

It was with a heavy heart I have had to sell my mini. This is due to the serious lack of work around and bills to pay. Still I am sure I will find another project when i least expect it at a good price...well thats what I am convincing myself anyway.

In a bid to save some money we set off for a cheaper way to use our mobiles today and got a great deal on a contract each supplied with new phones. As our phones are now about as ancient as the dinasours and giving up the ghost we managed to kill two birds with one stone. They are very fancy with touch screens and more applications than I will ever use so I cannot wait until the kids get back off of their holiday with their Auntie and Gran so they can show me how to use it!!!!!!!!! LOL

As you can see its been busy busy busy again but not with work! Still im a big believer that you should always be there for family so I cant complain at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment