Sunday 30 August 2009

New toys and vandalism

I arrived at my allotment this afternoon to find some friggin toerag has nicked my marrows and some beans the to add insult to injury they smashed a few panes of glass in my greenhouse! You have to ask yourself why? What sort of person would spend the time harvesting my crops then decided that some wanton vandalism was on the cards? The police have given the usual shrug off and in all fairness I suppose they couldnt catch the kids that did this if they wanted to but it did wind me up a bit.

I believe that we should save and work hard to get what we want. I learned the valuble lesson years ago that credit doesnt get you anywhere but into a worse mess so just save your pennies until you have enough for what material possesions your heart desires. So when some local lowlife comes along and thinks I want that and takes it does not sit well with me. If I cath the buggers there will be payback and a few late night visits to the plot are in the pipeline as I was not the only plot holder hit with this theft and destruction.


There was something that took the sting out of this though and that was the fact that I bought a new toy this morning...



Its a Ninja 600cc and goes like the clappers!! Ive wanted one of these for years and like most people could not buy one new so have waited patiently for the prices to come down and here we are! Ok its nine years old but it rides very well and im over the moon!! Best be watching out as I dont want to collect anymore stamps on the old licence :)

This evening my youngest daughter and I spent some time going through old photo albums one of which was my wedding album which she has never seen before! She was amazed at how young everyone looked and I have to admit being suprised myself! Its amazing at how much your kids change in seven years :) The older albums were from my late teens and early twenties and it can really open up old memories and remind you of who you are and how you got here! I have to admit that I have just been feeling like "Dad" lately and this evening has put my mind in a much better place feeling like me as an individual again.

Lets see what tomorrow brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment