Saturday 24 October 2009

Mixed emotions..

It is with great sadness that I write that wifeys gran passed away on Wednesday morning. The blessing in this sad situation is that she passed in here sleep in no pain with all of her children and grandchildren around her. I cannot think of a better way to go myself.

Wifey seems to be doing ok with it as does her Mum. Dont get me wrong there are tears and lots of sadness but there is an air of finality that comes sfter a prolonged illness. The funeral is now set for Thursday so thats the second that I have attended this year after losing my great gran earlier. Must be a side effect of getting older to be losing people close together like this. I hate funerals and im sure there isnt anyone who likes them but it will give closure to a difficult time for my wifes family.

Why the title of mixed emotions??

Well its because even whilst there is great sadness at the moment there is also great joy as our move to Nottingham has fallen completely fallen into place. I have now been offered 2 jobs up there and we are getting the keys to our new place on the 8th of November so I get a couple of weeks to slowly move our kit up there!
I had an excellent interview for a logistics position within the NHS which I am really hoping I get because its only 5 minutes walk from our house :) That would save running an extra vehicle which makes a big saving on the limited monthly funds!
The children are looking forward to moving ( Yes even the pig miserable teenage one!!) and wifey is beside herself with excitement with the reality of moving "Home"

Yesterday evening was spent helping my youngest sister and her boyfriend move into their new home. As the youngest of 6 and at the grand old age of 21 she is the last to move out of our parents and she is so happy :) On the flip side of the coin though my Mum is having abandonment issues with her "baby" moving out and everyone else now scattered across the UK and Ireland LOL. The time has come for my parents to now visit all of us and not us just popping in to see them as we all lived locally for such a long time!

My Dad has saved us a couple of hundred pounds in a very unique way. I was going to hire a Luton van for the final push of the move but Pops is going to build his own campervan and has just bought a nice long wheelbase Maxus van that he has offered me the use of to cart out stuff! This is superb because wifeys car is nearly due its mot so im sure that will cost a pretty penny to do :)

Thats it for now I will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment