Thursday 24 March 2011

Jet Lag

Well heres a new experience. Jet lag.

After 32 hours of travelling with the total of 3 hours broken sleep over that time I mentally had sorted out the time differewnce between the UK and Kentucky. (Kentucky are 4 hours behind at the moment but at the weeknd will become 5 hours behind as we enter British Summer time)

I awoke this morning well slept and refreshed with about 6hours sleep, my usual, under my belt. Come lunchtime though my body decided that I had turned quite mad and why wasnt I sleeping more, feeding it more and totally confused with the whole situation! A couple of hours kip seems to have sorted it though and I am quite surpisingly finding myself ready for yet another good nights sleep. Now I am sure that is more an age thing than anything else!

It has surpirsed me how much further your cash can go here the the USA. The average price of a 3 bed home in the UK is now £160,000 but here for that you get a mansion that that would cost in excess of £500,000. Now I know its all relative on the local economy but my god what a difference in standards of living. Yes, it would seem, that here in the USA the old adage of "everything is bigger" would stand true.

All of these observations are of course coming through a first time visitors eyes and I will of course only see the more positive and impressive side of things to start with. But I hope that as im here for a while the novelty will wear through and I will see the true way of the day to day living here.

I am taking great pleasure in ripping the micheal out of my friends new yanky accents, they have been here for 4 years, but the locals are convinced they still have a UK accent which is laughable. Poor buggers talk about getting the pissm taking from both sides!

We have spent the evening in a typical American sports bar where the food and beer is plentiful along with 3 minute intervals of being asked if "is everything ok?" These guys do customer service to the extreme!! Could it wear thin quickly?? I expect so but not in a bad way...they want a good tip!

So so far what I have seen about America in films and on the box is standing true. People seem to think im from Australia but thats apperantly is not uncommon!

There will be pics soon well as soon as I have taken some but give me few days because we start my friends big move in the mornijng and that will take a few days.

So with that in mind im signing off, having a brew and hopefully a full nights sleep in preperation for the hard day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment