Wednesday 25 March 2009

Hmmm where to start?

My Great gran Lil is still with us! Bless her they really dont make people made of hardy stuff like her anymore! Its been a rollercoaster of phone calls saying iits now time and then the follow ups saying she has stabilised! I decided to go and say goodbye on Monday. Its going to sound daft but I kept hearing her calling me and I am so glad I went. I mean she looks awful and is bed bound, weighs in at 5 stone and is a shell of the woman she was but when you look into her eyes you can see the woman that was. I spent an hour alone with her talking to her of my kids and our plans, what we have been up to and where we are hopefully heading. I was told before I went in to see her that she sleeps constantly and may try to hit or scratch me but no such things happend. She spent most of the time looking into my eyes and holding my hands. She then pulled me in closer and pulled my hands to her face so i know that somewhere we made a connection. She will be missed so much when she goes but it gave me a peace that we had time to catch up and say out goodbyes. I know that last sentance sounds like she has gone already but I know it will be the last time we will see each other...such is the way of things.

Onto lighter notes...

The new toy (rotovator) arrived and saved me hours and hours of work at the allotment! I am happy to say that all the spuds and onions are in now with a couple of other beds preped up for beans and peas etc.

I got around to insuring my motorbike and spent time getting it out of the shed to ride to Oxford to see my gran on. I went straight to the local petrol station to pump up the tyres and fuel up. Well thats about as far as it went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed in 1/2 a mile to get a bloody 4 inch nail into the back tyre so I dragged it home where it awaits a rear wheel removal and repair. Maybe I wasnt supposed to ride out on Monday.

The work is still coming in and all looks good for another few weeks which is great! The van is getting a service at the weekend, ive spent a fortune out on the clutch so hey I much as well get everything up to date on it eh!

Right im off for a bath and an early night. All this work is making the weight drop right off of me much to wifeys dismay...well envy really!

Speak again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment