Sunday 15 March 2009

Well its been a busy couple of weeks full of ups and downs (Literally).

I managed to get a nice case of sickness and squits from wifey which didnot go down well as I was at a customers house when it first made its sudden appearence!!!!!!!!!!!

The van got fixed very quickly and I can only say how good the garage were at fitting it in. The phone has continued to ring with work which is fantastic!!

I have to date bought and returned two rotovators and took the plunge investing in a brand new one. I love new toys and this one should be here on Monday morning. Now that should make short work of the potatoe beds that need turning over at the allotment! Speaking of the allotment I have now planted so many seeds in the greenhouse I have both run out of room and pots!! I have bid on 900 pots on ebay so that should top up the stocks shortly :)

I was very kindly given a greenhouse over the weekend and the framework is now up in the garden waiting for a good scrub down and the glass putting in. This one will be used solely for bedding plants that can be used on contracts and for resale at the local car boot sale. This way I earn a few extra bob and do some cheeky advertising with my van ;)

Some sadder news was in the form that my great gran is expected to pass away over the next few days. I love this lady to bits and spent many many weekends with her whilst growing up and the memories are fantastic. She has suffered for 4 years now with severe demtia and how she is still breathing is a testoment to the hardy nature of the older generations because with all of her ailments including a dozen heart attacks now she should have moved onto the next world a long time ago. She will be sadly missed but it is one of those situations where she has no memory of who she is or we are and is in such a poor state of health her passing will be a blessing for those that are caring for her. She would be horrified to know what state she is in now as she was a proud and feircley independent woman.

Spring has returned and with the end of one season the new life that has arrived with the next is always a joy to observe. I love just sitting out with a cup of tea and taking the time to see what is now growing. Perhaps we should all take the time to stop and look every now then...

No comments:

Post a Comment