Saturday 18 April 2009

After a hard week I have had a great day today. It has rained for the past couple of days but today the sun has shone and shone. Its been the sort of day that makes you glad to feel alive.

I sold my greenhouse on Ebay for a ridiculusly high amount and the chap turned up this morning with some hard cash and then dismantled it and away it went.

Whilst the chaps were playing with glass I did a bit more packing so that side of things is going well and I am hoping the move should be quite smooth. It took the guys nearly three hours to remove the greenhouse but as soon as they were gone I grabbed my youngest and off to the allotment we went.

We did remember to take the scarecrow with us this time and its just as well because after two weeks of the rather ugly chap sitting in the living room I think I would have been mice meat if wifey had got home from work to find we still had company!
Now I did intend on running forwards and backwards all afternoon taking all of the plant pots there but as soon as we arrived I knew it wasnt going to happen. The afternoon was just pure sunshine without a cloud in the sky. It really is my santuary down there and I never want to leave once I have arrived. My mate the robin was happily hopping about and followed us around for 10 mins before he realised that no digging was going to happen today. After unloading the van I had a look around trying to make the decision on what to potter with next and that call came to the tea shed construction. Now you should have seen my wifes face when I told we had built one today..."Why do you need a tea room?" she asked and after I explained the small metal shed was for secure keeping and the tea room was for relaxing in and somewhere to run from the rain. Apperentley I am quite mad LOL but she doesnt realise that we need to take a tea break even when we are having fun :)

So after 5 happy hours and a call from wifey we came home for dinner. My evening is planned on doing next to sod all so Im going to sign off and get stuck in....

No comments:

Post a Comment