Saturday 25 April 2009

25th April 2009

Well we are now getting into full swing for the move. The dining room is starting to resemble a warehouse stacked with boxes from floor to ceiling. The walls are looking bare and the house is starting to take on that echo effect that all buildings get when they are empty or heading that way. The house is slowly returning back to just a house and no longer a home. It is a sad thing as we have soo many happy memories here but when an area goes downhill it is time to move on.

The kids are really looking forward to the new house especially the youngest. She already has dug out her bike and has informed me the tyres need pumping up so she can ride around at our new house :) Youve got to love kids eh! As theres a school at the top of the road we gave our youngest the choice of staying where she is or going to this closer one. She has taken this decision very very seriously. At 8 years old this has been her first independent decision so she has been talking to her sisters, family and friends about it :) we then had a look around the new school and she was most impressed with it but I think the clincher was the fact she could walk to school by herself in the mornings LOL So a new uniform needs to be bought this week at some point.

So in 6 days the long move shall begin. Never ending boxes and furniture to be moved. Lots to take apart and then reassemble...I really can't wait!

We hit a glitch with the lorry that I was hiring....the company went bust!!!!!!!!!!!! Still at least I had not paid a deposit and a mate has lent me his Luton box van so that with my old Transit we should be ok.

I may be offline for a week or so due to the move and transfer of services so I will write again as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment