Wednesday 6 May 2009

Well it has been a while and this is of course due to the move.
I am in the current state of mind to say that there is no bloody way I want to move again!!!!!!!!!!! Of course if we can pay someone else to do it I wouldnt mind but if I have to do it myself it would really be at the bottom of my list of priorities :)
Obviously we are no in and the house is starting to look something like a home after the happy hours of unpacking boxes and finding places for the junk therein to live. The dog thinks we are on holiday im sure and keeps wandering around the place wondering why our stuff is in it!
There were a few hiccups along the way as there always is with any move...
The truck I had booked to move in became unavailable due to the company going under.
I then had a word with a mate who owns his own furniture shop who said I could use one of his motors so problem solved!!!..................Not.
He forgot to tell his manager about it so when I went to collect it on the Friday afternoon it was full of stock and unavailable for use, bugger.
So in the end I used my little old transit to move a four bedroomed house across town and talk about exhausted!! Still we are in and the move was the right call.

The kids are in their element. They have made new friends and are playing out every day which is something they couldn't have done at the old place. The van sits nicely on the driveway and there is no worries that its going to get broken into every time the sun goes down so yes, even though the house is smaller, this was the right decision to come here.

Now I do have another excuse as to why its taken so long to pop another entry in lately and that is because we had the TV, PHONE & Internet fitted on Saturday and all was working well....for about 3 hours LOL
Then the internet went down and its taken this long to get the bloody thing back online properly!

Still it could have been worse but it does prove the old adage of you dont realise what you have until it has gone. I had work stuff stored online so it was somewhat inconvinient when I couldnt get any of it!

Now topicalnews...SWINW FLU. What are the powers that be up to then when a bug thats killed less than 200 people worldwide becomes the main topic of every news bulletin? Talk about classic diversion tactics with all of this and Im sure that the real agenda will come out in time.

The weather is incredibly dry again and I have never noticed these things so much since I have taken on the alotment. I am having to water my plants there every day! Still any excuse to get away to the quiet place eh!

Speaking of that I best get the kids off to school and head down there for a nice cup of tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment