Tuesday 26 May 2009

26th May 2009

Hmmn..................
Well......................
Another week or so has passed but if im honest its not been all that over exciting, dont get me wrong alots been going on just nothing that jumps up the wow scale.

The long awaited delivery of the Landrover on friday didnt happen. The chap got to the collection point, loaded up and then realised he was a ton and a quarter over weight so he promptly took it off again! I have called around trying to get a good price on delivery but as they are coming up over £200 its a no go for a motor thats been sat around for 10 years. Still I suppose someone else will have a lovely old motor to play with eh!

Sunday was a very very full day. It started early with myself and my youngest going to the local carboot sale which was massive and very very full due to the sunny day and it being a bank holiday weekend. For all of the stalls and people there was next to bugger all there worth buying, in fact I only came away with a very nice hand carved chess set for the bargain price of a fiver!
Then it was off to the cinema, I know a superb summers day and we went off to spend 2 hours in the dark, to see Hannah Montana the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO it was a birthday treat for the youngest and I have to say it wasnt as bad as I was expecting. I wouldnt want to go to see it again but it was lovely to see the smile on Smithys face whist she was watching it :)
Once we were back into the sunshine we headed home for an impromtu barbucue at our house with family and friends. Just a few phone calls and about 20 people came around, highly unusual for us entertaining like that but we had a fantastic few hours and it was great to sit back in the sun and just chat after the manly bbq cooking was done of course :) So a busy busy Sunday and I loved it!

Im still trying to get used to the new house and have to admit it doesnt feel like home yet but im sure it will when a bit of decorating has been done. The kids love it and my eldest daughter is constanly out seeing her friends which is the main reason for moving. The fact these new houses are so poorly built that you can hear someone fart from the other end of the house is just something I will just have to put up with :)

The allotment is now jumping into life with everything growing at a huge rate which I love seeing! For the first growing seaon I think we are happily doing quite well.

The weather................. Its been very dry with a strong wind for quite a while. It rained very heavily last night which was much needed but the dry weather is set to continue as a rule of thumb for the next week or so.

Work is quite again but a few bits are coming through so cant complain.
Ok then all I will scribble again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment