Thursday 14 May 2009

Now more time has passed than I realised since my last entry. I would like to say it is because I have been rushed off of my feet with paying work but like most others I am rather quiet, thank god wifey has a full time job!, No friends I have been busy planting seeds and nursing seedlings down at the plot and its looking really good:) In fact its far better than I would have thought I could do for my first season on it!
The Potato's are doing really well as are the runner beans, parsnips, garlic, beetroot, cucmber, toms, carrots and I have just seeded some leeks so hopefully they will be up in the next couple of weeks. So all in all I am very very happy with my little escape place:)

Why do kids have the complete inabilty to either change a toilet roll or tell you there are none left? Are the mechanics of compressing a piece of plastic and removing an empty tube and then reversing the process by putting a full roll on so very difficult? Why is it always when I am desperate for a tom tit that I have to go hunting around to find a roll before hand, which is most inconvinient, or realise with sheer horror that a trip to the shops to get some first? Is it just me or are there other parents out there that suffer this torture? LOL

I am taking delivery of an old MK2 Landrover next Friday and cannot wait to get playing with it. First some mechanics by getting the old girl running again and then sorting the body work out. I love restoring classics and this will be my first Landy so it will be fun.

My bike has been sold:( Now the hunt for another begins :) I want something a bit more powerful so when wifey is on the back I can still overtake with confidence. The problem being that this time of year all bikes are quite pricy but there is no rush and I will take my time looking for a new one.

Now for the weather...its been windy and sunny and dry dry dry!! The allotment really needs a good downpour, never thought I would wish for rain!, and we should be getting that over the next 24hours. I watched the forecast earler and the woman opened with "Today there is alot of weather about" ????!!!!!!!!! What is she on about??? Surely there is always alot of weather about LOL

So a busy week really even though not through work.

No comments:

Post a Comment