Saturday 30 May 2009

Feeling Lost

Im feeling kind of lost at the moment. I seem to have no direction at the moment with where I want my life to go. Now I know I am luckier than most! Wifey works full time and I work for myself as a Landscaper/handyman so I can collect the kids from school and look after the house etc.
I have my allotment which I love and we had our first onion off of that this week which was a superb feeling and I do spend alot of time there but I am a traveller by heart and I have to admit I am missing seeing the world at the moment.

Now I know that we wont be going anywhere else to live for the next few years until the kids finish school and thats as it should be but my work is really slow this year, bloody recession scaremongering, so I am ready for a new challenge in my work. What to do though?

I would still like to work mainly outside and I am very happy working by myself, I dont like the whole hierachy set up in big companies with those sort of people that live for a job title and the small amount of power they have over others, I can work as part of a team thats no problem as long as everyone pulls their own weight and gets along but I couldnt work in an office again even if the wages were ridiculusly high! So I am now looking around for grounds keeper works and maybe look into what qualifications you need to work for the Forestry comission.

I know these things take time but im feeling bloody impatient at the moment and what makes it worse is I dont know why. I feel short tempered and fed up!??? Im suppose its the change in the weather, its bloody hot at the moment, or the fact I have to wait for the bloody lazy little buggers that are my children to get up before I can do anything out of the house.

Right then thats enough moaning! What else have I been up to? Not alot really, wifey ordered a couple of new mobile phones that havnt turned up and I fitted some kitchen cuboards to the tea shed at the allotment :) People are asking when im going to put a bed in there so I dont have to leave the plot LOL but so far the tea shed has cost nothing to build and is very very handy when you are down there all day!

Im still looking for either a new bike or perhaps aa classic car but as yet nothing has caught my eye or has been in my price range. Still again there is no rush for thiese and I will force myself to be patient until the right thing turns up!

Weather is hot hot hot and looks to stay that way for a few more days yet! I love the sun but the allotment isnt that keen so I can see lots of running around today with watering cans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment