Sunday 17 May 2009

Facebook & Family

Ok all be warned its late at night and I have had an evening of rare drinking!!

What the F%*K is this Facebook nonsense about then? I do have an account at the insistence of wifey but she does do most of the sorting out on it for me, this is not because I cannot figure out how to but because I think its a load of nonsense and if she didnt do it it would not be done. I do enjoy the odd thing on it such as stts shuffle (a bank of jokes you can use to wind people up) but I do not like the fact that people that you have left behind in you r life for one reason or another feel its ok to look you up and hound you with "wow must have been twenty years what have you been doing?" Well if I wanted you to know what I had been doing for the last twenty years I would have called you sooner to let you know so sod off and find someone else to pester as you obviously havenothing better to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry all thats that rant over and heres some good news.......

I have just had a fantastic evening in the company of my Family. I am the oldest of six kids and tonight five out of the six have spent the evening together at my parents place which is such a rarity as we are all scattered all over the place. A fabulous sunday roast was supplied by mum & dad at a table seated for fiveteen (by god the family is growing!!) which was then followed by a few drinls and some serious catch up by all. It always ends up segregated with the chaps in one place and the ladies in the other (very old fashioned you know LMAO) and us chaps were having a right laugh talking about my upcoming Landrover and my brothers newly aquired Lancrab(Austin 1800cc) The best part of the evening is the plans for my brother to visit this Saturday for a boys evening in messing about as the women are off to Stevenage for the weekend on a pamper trip!! Now that will be superb!! A whole evening of messing around on old motors and games machines! Yes its true us chaps never grow up you know!

This may seem a bit disjointed but hey I have had a drink but what I want to really put across is the fact that if you are lucky enough to have a family that you really get along with and enjoy do as much as you can to spend time in their company. We all get too easily distracted by lifes everyday events and our own bubbles of raising kids but our time is short and we should spend as much of it as possibe with those that bring us happiness. I love my tribe and its fantastic to be with them for something as simple as a Sunday dinner. It should not just be birthdays and special events that we all get together.

Right then im off to sleep and then greet the hangover :)

No comments:

Post a Comment