Friday 20 February 2009

A mixed week.

Now its been quite a mixed week or so with much going on in all aspects of life.
I have been down with the lack of work coming in and this was due to coming to the end of a hard cold winter where I have felt like a bear in a trap being indoors for what must be the best part of 3 months...This changed hard and fast at the end of last week.
I had put in a day and a halfs work with one of my regulars and was enjoying a soak in the tub when I was presented with the phone by my wife. A friend had fallen behind with a painting job (a whole warehouse!!) and wondered if I could help out over the weekend. Of course when work is scarce you cannot turn any away so off a went over the weekend working for him. Then onto a fencing job for this week and the phone started to ring on Thursday and hasnt really stopped which is great. Its amazing how the sun putting in an appearence with the temp well above freezing for a change can bring out people from their hibernation. Perhaps this year wont be as bad as the media have us believe??

Wifey took the kids back up to Nottingham for a couple of days to visit her mother so all was very peacefull in the house...A strange sensation if im honest with no noise of any description coming from bedrooms but most welcome.

Ive had yet more of a think on what I do with my life. In fact ive been pondering this for sometime and have still got no further with what a could do as a different job but nothing would give me and wifey the flexability we have now. I enjoy my work and make people smile so all cant be too bad eh? Wifey pointed out ive got 4 great kids, im a good person (mostly :) ), a good Dad, we have a warm house, put food in our bellies and spring is coming back so I will get busier and wont be so bored.

I have to admit we are lucky. We may not have alot but there are many many people worse off than us. Time to think about some extra hobbies.

On the plant front I have a load of tomato seeds that have germinated so time to put the greenhouse heater on! I am off to the allotment in the morning with my youngest and there is loads to do there inc leveling beds and clearing a large area. If I remember to take the camera down I will post some pics.

Right thats enough for now I will ramble on again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment