Tuesday 3 February 2009

And the country stops.


I love the snow and have to admit I am the worlds biggest kid when we get any. I had a fantastic hour with the kids in the garden building a snowman and throwing snowballs. The dog seemed to love it more than us constantly running around in a snow plough effect with her nose deep in the freshly fallen snow.


But how are we always so unprepared for it as a society? We know its coming but everything grinds to a halt as soon as we get more than a dusting of the stuff! I wonder how certain countries manage to cope with it? You dont see parts of France, Germany or Austria grinding to a halt when the main income of their tourist industry falls from the skies!! It just seems daft that we do. NOT that the kids were complaining about the time off of school!


I did feel sorry for my youngest this morning though, her school was closed leaving her free and clear to play the day away only to find herself feeling really ill by half past nine this morning. Talk about bad timing but with more of the white stuff coming im sure she will get another opportunity this week.


Obviously no work on for a few days as the grounds frozen solid. No chance to play at the allotment as its white!!

I wonder with the forecast on the economic climate whetehr I should stay self employed or look for a full time job. In honesty I love working for myself and would prefer it stayed this way but if work is still this slow later in the year I really will have to consider all of the options. My biggest enemy is boredom/cabin fever but I really must take up another hobby to fill these slower times. The problem is I cannot think what sort of hobby I would like to take up so watch this space for all sorts of suggestions soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment