Friday 30 January 2009

What a week.

I dont even know where to start this time, so much has happend over the last week!

Ok then...The group we were going to raise money for whilst doing out ride to Santiago is run by the local county council. We had dropped off 2 computers, sofas, table & chairs and collected a load of paint. The site was up and running when we were informed by one of the bigwigs from the council that we had to STOP! Turn off the website and dont give anything else to the drop in group. The reason? As they are run by the County Council we cannot activly raise any funds or goods for them. They can run it through a communications commity to see if something can be arranged but its doubtful!!!
What!!! Have you ever heard of such self indorced popus crap in your entire life? We had asked for nothing from them and only wanted to make the users who attend the group a better enviroment. These guys and girls have various levels of learning difficulties (inc my sister) and we were only helping make there day to day lives in the group a bit more comfortable. So the motto seems to be, as far as the local council are concerned, dont bother trying to help out because we wont allow it!!!

Ok then thats my rant over! Onto the rest of the week...

Works looking up with a regular customer upping my hours, shes funny as hell as we spend more time going between her house annd her allotment each visit than anything else as she cannot decide what to do where LOL

I also got a new contract for a hotel so thats superb as its a bit more regular income starting from March.

I spent a happy few hours in our local A&E last night and felt like such a pratt! I couldnt get out or tell if I had a contact lense in my right eye. By the time I got there I looked like something out of a horror film with a blood red eye! I looked like I had some horrible diesease and a coupl of little kids just kept staring at me in horror :) Well after speaking to a Nurse then waiting on the eye Doctor I was happily informed the only thingI was trying to get out of my eye was my eye!!!!!!! :0 I apologised to the doc for wasting their time when I was told that they were going to numb my eye for further investigation....Why???????????

"Well if you didnt take it out or remeber it coming out it may be stuck under one of the eye lids"...So they then proceeded to poke and prod around for a few minutes (not a nice experience) to then declare me contact free! Thats the end of me answering to my vanity so im back to my good old reliable specs because even though they are a pain in the arse where works concerned Id rather put up with that then wondering whether Ive still got a contact in!

On a lighter note my wife and I were watching the news the other morning when an article came on about how Tigers in the wild have moved on from eating cattle to eating humans. The news piece was very detailed including a women who was describing in depth what a nusance this was for the locals who were just trying to live their lives. It was then determined that people were encrouching on the native habitat of these Tigers and wondering why they were being eaten LOL Now Im all for live and let live but this must have been a slow news day. Obviously us humans cant move that quickly so we are going to get eaten! They wanted to train dogs to bark loudly when a Tiger came close to a village but my wife piped up "wouldnt it be easier to put up a fence" LOL Now I know thats a simplistic solution but you would think these do gooders would look for the easiest way to deal with these problems....and try to remember that this wasnt a problem before they strted knicking the tigers territory!!

Went to the allotment today to discover most f the greenhouse glass blown out so its going to be a busy day on the plot tommorrow.

The weather...been a funny week with all seasons in a few days. Its been freezing and then raining, a bit of sun and overcast oh and I shouldnt forget the fog!

They are saying its going to snow so I will try to get some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment