Sunday 18 January 2009

Wifey has decided on our first holiday.

Before wifey shot off to work I have been told to look into riding the Santiago de Compostela pilgramage route! Now I am not an overly religious person but I do love Santiago. Its a fantastic city with a mix of superb history in the old city and a new vibrant modern city surrounding it. The culture is fantastic as are the Spanish people there.

Appently alot of folk walk many many miles as the old pilgrams did but im buggered if im doing that!!! I am far tooo lazy for that!! So we are going to do 200 kms on, get this!!!>.. push bikes!!

When she said ride I thought I was going to get the motorbike out and have a superb blat out but no. We are to use pedal power and I cant remember the last time I pedalled more than a mile or so!!!!!!!! Still marriage is about compromise so I will of course do as I am told :)

No seriously I think it will be good. We will raise some money for charity and see some fantastic parts of Spain as we go along. We have agreed that we will stay in proper hotels along the way so its more of an adventure holiday than anything else. I suppose I had better get fitter and get my poor backside used to a saddle again!! Sounds like lots of talcom powder will be needed!!

I will insist on us having a proper break as well but that will be a family one with the kids in tow. I think camping will be yet again on the cards.

Right best be doing a bit more research on these routes then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment