Thursday 22 January 2009

Been Busy :)

Well what a few days! Ive been rushed off of my feet in one form or another and have no commited myself to a few things and I couldn't be happier!

Right then where to start?

As ive mentioned before wifey had decided that we are going to cycle El Camino Ingles in northern Spain. 124km of Spanish countryside and I have to admit I am now looking forward to it. Its going to be a great way to explore the area in more depth and there will be no rush to do this in. The dates we have set for this run are 19th-24th August.

We have chosen who we will raise funds for on this our first epic journey, god Im sooo unfit this really is becoming a reality and I have to get into some sort of training, and that group is called Grapevine. This is a drop in centre for adults with learning disabilities that my sister uses on a daily basis. The group is evolving into more than just a drop in centre, its now actively helping gain employment and volunteer work for these adults within society and also raising awareness/encouraging intergration. They are self funded and I have to admit that the place really needs alot of renovating and goods supplying to make the enviroment a nicer place (not that its a bad place it just really needs updating).

Now as I work for myself I am in a position to be able to offer time. I will be decorating the building and getting lots of replacement furniture off of freecycle for them, in fact I managed to get them a new set of table and chairs that was desperatly needed the same day which was fantastic!! I will also be doing a day a week volunteer work with them which I am really looking forward to as many have worked in gardening and we are going to use my allotment to encourage further education. They will have there own area to grow veg of their choice which we will then cook at harvest time!

There are many other items that are needed inc a new kitchen/white goods, computers and carpets so we will be hitting companies to see if they can supply some of these things for them. I am putting together a website about the cycle run and these wonderful peebs will have info on there of what they do and why. The link will follow in a few days!

Onto other things now... Ive started some regular gardening for a new customer today and what a card she is!! You have got to love the older generation, they have seen so many changes over the years and the stories are just downright hilarious! I am employed for 6 hrs a week by her and we spent the first three drinking coffee!!! I did keep pointing out we were on the clock and should we do some work? but she just laughed and said I am enjoying the company dont worry! I then told her I cant take money off of you for drinking coffee but she was adamant she had planned this so we could get to know each other better.....so in other words I was being checked out in a big way on just about all counts of my life and lifestyle LOL
I must of been ok as its now a weekly arrangement!

The kids are actually in a good mood at the moment. This does make a nice change as the older girls 11,12 are convinced they are in their late teens and the 8 year old seems to be mimicking their moods at the moment! The past few evenings have been a joy with coherent conversations and kisses goodnight instead of sculking off to their bedrooms and festering :)

I must get my seed potatoes out to chit or I will be late planting out. Nothing else to be done at the moment seed wise as its still too early and cold.

The weather....rubbish :) Rain High winds and then frosts, dont you just love a british winter.

Right then lots to do so Im off...

No comments:

Post a Comment