Monday 12 January 2009

Monday 12th January...

Well its been a while and being typically british lets get the weather out of the way.....Instead of now being too cold to do anything it has today been too bloody wet to do anything :) Still at least the view out of our little prisons this time of year has now changed!

The last week has at least brought in some work and you have got to love those elderly people.
I have for the best part of the week been decorating a lovely old couples living room and bedroom. These folks were well past there mid seventies, the size of umpalumpas and histericly funny. Honestly I have never met a couple of people who bounce off of each other like these two. Married for over 50 years they are biccering one minute and then laughing the next but what I cant express to you enough is the fact that this is non stop :) They are at it constantly and when their attention was not on each other it was turned upon me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard, several times, about the fiasco of the husband dropping the wife off at Morrisons only to drive off with her handbag andher arduous journey of tracking him down to reclaim it and then giving him hell. I am sure he will be getting hell for many days to come for this travisty! Still it brought a smile to my face the first 3 times I heard it, and the following 12 times I heard it after that as I thought it would be rude to show I was sick of hearing the whine about it!

The weekend brought my younger brother over for the night for a "bit of a drink"

Now this "bit of a drink" seemed like a good idea but i must point out now that I do not drink much alcohol anymore but after the 3rd glass of red wine I had convinced myself I was young again and it wouldnt hurt to have some more...and of course it didnt hurt at all that evening whilst drinking it, in fact it felt great and the evening was superb with some real time catching up with my brother without all of our respective offspring or wives in tow. We really put the world to rights and covered many obscure topics of conversation many of which now seem to elude me as, of course, I am now sober again.

The hangover was nothing short of spectacular! Never and I really do mean Never have I felt so bad after drinking. I was convinced at six in the morning that I was suffering the start of a catastrophic stroke. Now I used to be a bit of a boozer, thats a bit of an understatement I was a real heavy boozer (not in the sense of an alcoholic but far too much to do me any good) and your body builds up a resistance towards the day after which of course now my body just doesnt have. In fact my body now shys away from excesses of alcohol which is probably a good thing as I dont drink very much at all as a rule. This hangover is now into its second day and even though its nothing like I felt yesterday my body is still protesting very loadly so me thinks its time to have a break from drink for quite some time as I have never experienced a two day hangover!

As I felt like half a human today I got out to the local B&Q and picked up my seed potatoes for the allotment. Bargain as well so I got two packs of early spuds and two packs of main spuds. All I need to do now is hold my impatience so I dont plant them too early.

These contact lenses are the best things I have ever tried and after the check up today they have settled in well so I will be keeping them! They are so much easier than glasses especially when working and I wish I had tried them sooner!

Time to sign off for now so i will right some more soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment