Friday 2 January 2009

A spoilt day...

When I say spoilt I do mean in a good way :)

The weather is still freezing without any sign of a let up for at least a week abd the kids came running in excitedly shouting its snowing! Now you have to love a kids idea of "snowing" It was a few odd flakes but of course they had visions of winter scenes within minutes that they could build snowmen and go sledging an ice skating, you've got to love a kids vision.

Of course it snowed for about 3 minutes leaving them disapointed until the next distraction ame along...that took about 12 seconds!

Wifey had here first day off in a while and has enjoyed it with her usual lay in and I cant blame her, shes never been a morning person and the chore of early shifts really takes it out of her.

We had a good chat about where our lives are leading and I hate it when the fairer sex have excellent intuition and read your mind.

We have, to date, tried living in southern Spain 3 times and I would love to to try again but in Northern Spain. There is a time limit on this in the aspect of we wouldnt go until our older girls have finished secondary school so that would be at least another 5 years. My problem usually, I have to admit because if I cannot be true to myself when writing when would I be, is that I would be counting down the years instead of living my life now.
Thoughts of why I want to move again over there are straight forward. The lure of the culture and the Spanish is so strong and at a gut level that I can't explain it. But even though we have learnt alot about Spain over the last 7 years we have yet to make a move there last.

Is the grass greener? Isnt it always? But as I have said thats not the reason, its a primal urge for want of a better description. Anyway I digress, our conversation was about living life now after all I may not be here in 5 years so we are going to really explore Britain. I would love to live next to the coast but lets face it theres alot of it so some serious riding is going to be lined up for this year and probably next year to have a really good look around. There is much our little isle has to offer its just a case of finding it and, in my case, making the effort to do so.

So in short I should be in 5 years time at a serious indecision as to wether I want to move to another country and leave behind what I have here.

Now onto being spoilt. I am at heart a great big kid and today I got an unexpected small tax return (now that in itself is a grand stroke of luck!) so I got dragged kicking and screaming, honestly :), to town and into a Game store where I was forced to purchase a new Xbox 360. This apparently is the start on my new outlook on life of living in the now! Of course you can imagine wifey looking at me with a determined look on her face and hand on hips when this is said. So I have spent a happy few hours just blowing away the baddies, its quite a stress relief you know but of course we come full circle back to the kids.

Now I have been told I need the following:

A memory card
Wifi for online gaming
Get this... a headset and microphone so I can talk to other gamers!! Oh I had to cry on that one.

So its been a good day. Heads sorted a bit and a new toy to boot. Lets see what the next day brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment