Friday 3 July 2009

The heat breaks!

I awoke this morning all tucked up in the comfort of my bed to the sound of rain falling heavily onto the windows and leaves outside. It is a wonderfull noise and feeling to awake to after over a week of very high temperatures. This reminded me of those fantastic storms that happen in Spain after the long hot summer and all you want to do is run outside and stand in it soaking up the freshness it creates clearing away all that heat and dust!

The surge of plantlife coming into growth again and the general kick start of life from insects to mammals that have lain in a semi dormant stage for the long hot months. This was the feeling I had this morning :) A new start of a new day in which you can move around for more than 5 minutes without wanting to sit down for a siesta!

Its now pleasently warm and im off to my allotment to pull some weeds out! These of course love the rain and warmth more than any other life form :)

No comments:

Post a Comment