Tuesday 21 July 2009

Welcome to the lair of the new computer geek :)

I am indeed a self confessed hyped up sort of chap. I cannot bear to be idle as it drives me mad so I am constantly on the lookout for new challenges. Of course I have the allotment which takes up a fair slice of my time but is at the time of year where we have a lul between sowing and harvesting and then the next sowing for the winter season so apart from chasing weeds not alot happening there.
The mini project is coming along in leaps and bounds, I have had a hppy few days on it welding up holes. This of course involved welding new metal to old which is never an easy task and you end up chasing out a small 1" hole to about 5" ! The ignition is sorted as are the new headlights, wipers and brakes. The interior is now in and the heating system works again.

BUT this doesnot fill my evenings whilst wifey is at work and there is only so much deadhead TV you can watch so.......................

I have learnt how to build computers! I spend enough time buggering around on the things so I figured lets have a go at what makes them tick :)

A friend used to own his own PC shop so off I went around to see him where there was a table just full of PC components to which he looked at me and grinned saying " There you go lets see if you can figure it out". Now after playing with classic mini electrical systems I just followed a logical course and had the PC built in 20 mins!!! I cannott believe how straight forward they are to build! This evening I have put in an extra hard drive on my PC for storage incase I get any viruses all my data will be quite safe :)

The kids have broken up for the summer from school...Yey wohoo isnt that just fine. All will be fine this week as the euphoria of the summer lying ahead is fresh in thier minds. Next week will be fine as well as we are off on holiday for the week so the time will be filled with lots to do! The week after we will be entering the dreaded third week in which the "Im Bored" syndrome will creep in. I will be followed around constantly being asked what I am doing 20 times a day and nothing but pure will may stop me thinking of shallow graves :) LOL

Work is still ludicrusly slow but I have had a happy day today trying to get a turfing job finished in the rain! Now theres wet, then theres soaking and then theres "why didnt I just shower in my clothes this morning" wet. We were soaked but got the job done in record time and then of course the sun came out and the rain stopped. But hey ho a bit of pocket money for our holidays.

Thats it for now will keep this up a bit more regulary from now on...honest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment