Saturday 4 July 2009

I have wholeheartedly enjoyed my kids for the last 24 hours. My daughter from my first marriage has graced us with her presence and my eldest daughter had a friend over for the night...this combination of being outnumbered 5 to 1 by the female of the species would normally spell disaster and have me running for the nearest doorway out of the house and then driving for the furthest point of the country for a couple of days until the visit was over but not today.

THE KIDS GOT ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No squabbling, butching, fighting or falling out. At no time have I had to step in with a gruff voice dishing out punishments! In fact everyone pitched in to get the household chores done and I then spent a happy couple of hours fixing the clutch on the mini which now drives!!

Then we all went to the allotment and everyone pitched in netting up the raised beds and mowing the pathways!! Again no fighting!!!

My eldest has now gone to her friends for the night and the other two girls are spending the night together in the den!

I am doing a carboot sale in the morning and they are coming to help...they offered!!! No winging about getting up early...I am sure I have pased into some strange parrelell universe or I may still be in bed dreaming.

I have had offer after offer of tea, in fact I have not put the kettle on myself at all today! Its not my birthday (I checked), its not our wedding anniversary (I double checked) and it sure is not Christmas!!

I hope this is a turning point of the kids growing up a bit. It may just have been a good day and if that is so I have enjoyed it immensley!!

No comments:

Post a Comment